Good oral health is really important and involves more than brushing. To keep your teeth healthy throughout your life, you must follow a dental health care plan regularly. Here’s what you should consider:
- Understand your own oral health needs – Consult with your dentist if you’re suffering from any health issues such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, pregnancy, and more. These medical conditions can have a huge impact on your oral health. Make sure to tell your dentist if you experience any change in oral health due to any of your medications.
- Create and follow an oral healthcare routine – After discussing your oral health conditions with your dentist, develop an oral health routine that you can follow daily. Make sure you understand the additional care and/or treatment that is needed to be done. If you don’t have an idea which routine to follow, ask your dentist to create one for you.
- Brush, floss, and rinse daily – Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. These activities remove plaque, which if not removed can lead to tooth decay. Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash. It helps reduce bacteria that cause plaque and gum disease.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacking – Eat healthy food and avoid eating foods that contain sugar and starch such as potato chips, chocolates, cookies, pies, soft drinks and more. These foods are responsible for producing acid in the mouth, leading to the tooth decay process. If you have a habit of snacking, try to control your craving and brush your teeth after snacking. You can also chew sugarless gum.
- Quit smoking – Smoking cigarettes or smoking tobacco products increases the risk of gum disease, tooth discoloration, bad breath, and many oral health problems. If you have a habit of smoking, quit it right away to avoid gum health issues as well as other health issues.
- Visit your dentist regularly – It is recommended to visit your dentist twice a year for regular check-ups and cleanings. If your dentist prescribes any prescription medication use the free prescription discount card to buy your prescription medications.
To get a prescription saving card in your mail, do share your email ids with us in the comment section below.