Tips To Stay Safe While Traveling During The COVID-19
As we are approaching Christmas Holidays, you must be prepping a pros and cons list of traveling to celebrate Christmas with your friends and family. As the COVID cases are increasing continuously, there are certain factors you must consider before planning for a trip.
Before you travel
If you’re planning to travel, make sure you have got answers to these questions:
How is the COVID-19 situation at your destination?
The risk of getting infected with coronavirus is more if there are more cases at your destination.
Do you have any severe illness?
There is no doubt that anyone can get infected with COVID-19. However, the risk of infection is more if you have any chronic conditions like diabetes, asthma, heart and lung disease.
Do you live with someone who’s any severe illness?
If you get infected with COVID-19 while traveling, you can spread the illness to someone you live with when you return.
Tips to Stay Safe While Traveling
Follow these tips recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to keep yourself safe while traveling.
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Ensure to maintain a distance of 6 feet with others
- Wear a face mask when going out
- Avoid touching highly touched areas, including elevator buttons, handrails, and kiosks. If you touch anything, ensure to sanitize your hands with a sanitizer or wash with soap and water
- Don’t touch your face, mouth, and eyes before washing your hands with soap and water
- Ensure to wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t forget to cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid visiting places with huge gatherings.
- Clean your hands, especially before eating, after going to the bathroom, and after coughing/sneezing/blowing your nose.
As you’re planning to travel during the Christmas holidays, make sure to check the COVID guidelines and restrictions of your destination. Different states and cities have different policies, so make sure to check with the local authorities of your destination to find out about the requirements. Most local, state and territorial governments have needs, including wearing a mask when in public and staying in quarantine for 14 days. You can check state and local health department websites to stay updated on the guidelines. Also, keep in mind that guidelines and restrictions can change anytime, depending on the local conditions.
If you feel we have missed out on anything, do let us know in the comment section.