Tips For Getting To A Healthy Weight
Do you know that approx. two-third of American adults are obese or overweight? Losing or maintaining a stable weight can be quite daunting for many people but by adopting healthier eating and exercise habits, you can achieve a healthy weight.
Diet, weight loss supplements and gimmicks can sometimes be dangerous. So get healthy weight by eating fewer calories, burn more calories through exercise, or with combination of both.
Health risks of Overweight and Obesity
The various health issues associated with overweight and obesity are: Coronary heart disease, stroke, type-2 diabetes, abnormal blood fats, sleep apnea, cancer, gallstones, and many more. So to avoid these health issues make sure to exercise regularly.
Tips to lose weight
Here are some practical tips you can use to reduce your weight:
- Set your goals and be realistic.
- Make sure to notice everything you eat for a few days to have a realistic idea of what and when you are eating.
- Avoid bad habits that can lead to increase in weight such as skipping breakfast, eating when you’re not hungry, eating too fast, and always having dessert.
- Add more fruits, raw vegetables, cooked green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats.
- Eat baked or grilled foods instead of eating fried or breaded.
- Don’t feel like you always need to “clean your plate.”
- Cut foods that contain high fat and sugar content.
- Read nutrition information on food labels. Pay attention to serving sizes.
- Make sure to limit yourself to small portion of food, if you eat high-calorie food.
- Eat 5 small portions of fruits and vegetables in a day.
- Set exercising goals, such as how much time you’ll spend on exercise and how many times you will do it every week.
- Go for an activity that you enjoy. You can start with walking.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Pair up with an exercise buddy, family member, or a friend, to help you stay motivated.
- Consult with your dietitian or trainer or join a gym or aerobics if you need toned body.
- Don’t get discouraged if you didn’t get any results for a few months. Keep exercising and try to achieve your goal.
Various types of medicines are available that can help you to lose weight, but they aren’t for everybody. You still need to follow a healthy lifestyle along with eating medications for better results. If you’ve any doubts or concerns about these medicines, you can consult with your health care provider.