Free Assistance Programs for Prescriptions
The rapid increase of the price of prescription medications has been making headlines in the news lately. Did you know A lot of free programs are available that can lower the cost of prescription drugs and various healthcare services regardless of your age or income. The following programs offer discounts on prescription medications.
Various Free Assistance Programs offering affordable prescriptions
Prescription assistance programs supported by many drug companies, doctors’, pharmacies and patient advocacy organizations help low income and uninsured patients get medicines at affordable prices. Various free assistance programs are:
- RxHope is an online database where you can search by medication to locate assistance programs. They also offer help with the application process.
- RxAssist – It is an online database of drug company programs that offer free or affordable drugs and co-pay assistance.
- RxOutreach is a mail order pharmacy for people with little to no health insurance coverage.
You can also use prescription discount cards to get discount on prescription medication.
A Prescription discount card is one of the best free programs available in the US. You don’t need to fill out an application to any to get the process started. You just need to download a discount card from the company’s official website. You can check WiseRx and download their free prescription discount card.
By using pharmacy discount card, you can get a discount up to 85% on your prescription medication. You can use this free Rx card to buy prescription drugs to treat issues associated with acne, allergies, cholesterol, migraine, etc.
Prescription discount cards are quite different from health insurance programs. These cards have helped millions of people in the US as well as The U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. Even if you are not a citizen of the United States, you can still get a discount with the help of these discount cards. Prescription discount card is available for all!
It is quite useful for senior citizens. You can also use this card to buy medication for your pet as well. The discount card from Wise Rx organization is accepted at over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide. You can get an average discount of 55% on generic drugs and 16% on brand medications.
To get this discount card, follow these steps:
- Visit the website.
- Download your discount prescription card
- Print your Rx discount card.
- Present Free Rx prescription discount card to a participating pharmacy.
- Save money on your prescription medication.